the green tea enthusiast

Friday, November 11, 2016

DIY: Choker Necklaces (VIDEO)


I've made my first ever DIY video (for the blog and a possible YouTube channel?) and I had fun shooting and editing it... despite all the problems lol.

In the video, I showed how I used a few materials to create my very own choker necklaces and how I wear them.

I came across an Instagram shop called Artsyculate and got tons of things! They were so kind to send me an extra choker for my addictio-- collection~ Watch the video below!

If you don't like watching videos, here's the text & photos (screenshots) version of it!

MATERIALS:



Suede / wax / rubber cord
Ribbon
Charms / beads
Clasps (for closure)
Crimps (for attaching clasps)
Jump rings (connectors for all things)
Pliers
Scissors
Tape Measure

PROCEDURE:


Simple Charm Choker

STEP 1



Measure how long you'd want your necklace to be.

I wanted a snug fit so I measured around my neck, giving allowance to whatever I might cut off when attaching closures. It was about 12 inches.

STEP 2



Cut.

STEP 3



Get two crimps and pinch the open sides to secure both ends of your cord with pliers.

Make sure your crimps won’t slide off the cord.

STEP 4



Connect the jump rings to both crimps, leaving one end still open for a clasp. 

This will be the closure for your choker.

STEP 5



Use another jump ring to connect your charm to the cord.


(Wrap Choker)


STEP 1



Cut about 60 inches of suede cord.

The key here is to have a longer cord for the wrap effect.

STEP 2



Get two crimps and pinch the open sides to secure both ends of your cord with pliers.

Make sure your crimps won’t slide off the cord.

STEP 3



Get your charms or beads and use jump rings to attach to the ends of the cord.

This type of choker will not have closure since it will be wrapped around. You can also tie a knot to close it.

Done!

The Verdict:

Creating my own chokers reincarnated me from the dead. That's all I have to say.
Will I do this again?
YES x 100000

DIY Tea Points:


Do it yourself! Post a photo and tag:
@idasiasoco on Twitter
@idasiasoco on Instagram
with the hashtag #GTEDIY

Thank you again to Artsyculate for giving me this opportunity to make more chokers for my life. Go follow them on Instagram, like their Facebook pageor visit they're shop at Wood & Willow Store, Kamias, Quezon City. They also have branches @ Zaril QC & Lipa, Brand Trunk ATC, UST, and Ortigas!


Good luck and keep creating!
ida_

For questions, suggestions or DIY requests, you may comment below!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. He's a whiz. He's agreeable and individuals truly like him and relate to him. Also, he knows the item in reverse and advances. Shouldn't he be the one discussing our item on our video? video production company london

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our encounters with business video creation, we've every now and again helped individuals who are included with public expos, for example, meeting organizers.!
    promotional video production company

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep here: with new updates. Its was really valuable. Thanks a lot. choker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extraordinary work you folks are doing with this webpage.video service

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© The Green Tea Enthusiast. All rights reserved.
Photos are by Ida Siasoco unless stated otherwise.
Blogger Designs by pipdig